Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Idle mind.... Appreciates music best!

hehe, just felt bored and thought I'd put up a few of my ideas for the band - which I will incorporate into my 5 song list due 7th December of course (yes, I can hardly wait). Anyway, as most of you would probably know by know, I'm currently doing data entry work with Poing at the same office, which is an overwhelmingly boring job (picture me with cobwebs all over except the two typing hands everyday)

After the first day of repeatedly dozing off hopelessly at work, I knew I needed a solution to keep my brain a lil more active, so the second day I brought my handsfree and relied heavily on my phone's MP3s. Woohoo, I managed to keep my head bopping rather than lolling off till 6.15, which was rather miraculous given the circumstances.

Cool part is, when you're so bored, listening to good ol' songs that you used to like but grew tired of would somehow... reignite that lil spark you had for it, like how 'learn to fly' made me smile coyly to myself when I heard it playing suddenly. Anyway, there's already a number of songs that I've listed down after work that day from all that listening from the time work began till work ended (mind you, that's quite long), and I decided that I wanna play/create a lead guitar part for the Carpenters' "Close to you", which I know would sound rather mellow to you fellow hardrockers (hehe, actually I think it's just Tony and Shim) hahaha, I wanna try and make it sound a lil less pop-ish, and perhaps explore my spontaneity in writing such parts and also, most importantly, let our lead singer have a proper song to handle (Jin Seon) so she could gear up and have something to look forward for.

I'm just really bored and impatient to have told you all everything I thought of way before time, but, I guess I just can't help it man, I WANNA PLAY. And, I've yet to start on writing the guitar parts, but I'm thinking of either starting soon or during the remaining 1 month of holidays I have after my work period ends. Oh yeah, also, I'd like to ask if it's OK with you dudes if I picked an instrumental song, maybe just one? Like Michy mentioned, I too think it's rather selfish if I keep picking instrumentals (more precisely, GUITAR instrumentals), cuz our dear JS and Michy'd be left with nothing much to do. Hmmm... Maybe I'll look up "Little Wing" WITH vocals, then it'd be able to resolve JS's lack of involvement, as for Michy, chord accompaniment maybe? Do keep practicing people!

*Feels the Itch*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home